Over the past year, City planners have been doing a lot of listening about the future of Minneapolis. One theme we’ve heard is that everyone must benefit from a growing city. Done right, population growth can help our city become a healthy, sustainable, and thriving place for all. We have some ideas on how to achieve that, and would like to hear your thoughts.
We want to hear from you!
New Online Engagement Activities at minneapolis2040.com
- What can we do? Explore and respond to how we’re turning what we’ve heard from you into a plan for the future.
- Make a map. Show us opportunities to expand housing choice, improve access to retail, and expand connectivity.
- Meeting in a box. Download a tool kit to host your own engagement meetings and report back.
- Sign up from our email list
- Follow us on Twitter @Mpls2040
Engage in Person at Community Meetings in December
Please attend one of the following interactive engagement events. Each event will feature the same family-friendly activities created by artists and City-staff, as well as free food from local businesses.
About Minneapolis 2040
Minneapolis 2040 is an update to the City’s Comprehensive Plan, a document that shapes how Minneapolis will grow and change. The plan will cover topics such as housing, job creation, the design of new buildings, and how we use our streets.