Free Home Energy Squad Visits, No-Interest Loans
The City of Minneapolis is offering free Home Energy Squad visits to income-qualified Minneapolis households while funds last. Qualified households have incomes less than $35,310 for one person plus $12,480 for each additional person. That’s $47,790 for two people, $60,270 for three people, or up to $122,670 for eight people. Homeowners can call 612-335-5874 to confirm eligibility and schedule a visit.
Minneapolis households over the income limit can still receive the visit for $70 – which includes a consultation, materials and labor.
The Home Energy Squad visits bring energy efficiency experts to participants’ homes to install energy-saving materials and make recommendations on energy-saving upgrades. A crew of energy consultants will visit homes and:
- Install energy-saving materials such as door weatherstripping, compact fluorescent light bulbs, a programmable thermostat, and high-efficiency showerheads and faucet aerators.
- Test for air leaks.
- Inspect the insulation in attics and walls.
- Check heating systems and water heaters for safety.
- Recommend energy upgrades based on what they find in the tests.
- Refer homeowners to no-interest financing if they decide to do certain recommended upgrades.
To schedule a Home Energy Squad visit, call 612-335-5874 or visit mncee.org/hes-mpls.
For a limited time, the City of Minneapolis also offers no-interest financing to participants making insulation and air sealing upgrades recommended by the Home Energy Squad. For more information about no-interest financing on recommended insulation and air sealing upgrades, call 612-335-5884.