The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is undergoing what may be the most comprehensive planning effort in its 130 year history. Minneapolis residents are encouraged to get involved and help the MPRB with three distinct, yet deeply intertwined projects: RecQuest, Service Area Master Plans, and Closing the Gap: Investing in our Neighborhood Parks. Residents can get involved by attending a public meeting or subscribing to receive timely emails about the projects.
From June through September, multiple public meetings will be held in each quadrant of the city to share information about the projects. Meetings will be scheduled 15-30 days in advance.
– 6 – 7:30 pm, Tuesday, June 9, North Commons Recreation Center, 1801 James Ave. N
– 6 – 7:30 pm, Tuesday, June 16, Folwell Recreation Center, 1615 N Dowling Ave
– 6 – 7:30 pm, Monday, June 22, Harrison Recreation Center, 503 N Irving Ave.
- June/July: Southwest Minneapolis
- July/August: South Minneapolis
- August/September: Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis
- September: Citywide